Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Writing Prompt Wednesday: A Favorite Song

Hello friends! For today's writing prompt I am going to write about why I love my most favorite song. It may seem like a weird prompt but I think it'll be a good one. Be sure to tell me all about your favorite song in the comments below or send me a link to your own blog! 

ARMS BY CHRISTINA PERRI 


I hope you watched that video and read the lyrics. One of the reasons I love Christina Perri so much is because of the incredible lyrics she writes. 

Before I met my husband I had gone through a lot. I had been broken and beaten down so many times before that the thought of even talking to another boy was too difficult, or anyone for that matter. I had almost completely closed myself off from the rest of the world, hiding from all the pain life had dished out to me before. Ultimately, I had given up. 

When I met my husband I was so closed off that it was hard for me to let him get close. Like the song says "I believe that's it easier for you to let me go." I didn't want to face another relationship and let myself get hurt again. I honestly couldn't "find a reason to be loved". It didn't make sense to me why anyone would fall in love with the broken shell of a girl that I had become, yet when he held me... "you put your arms around me and I'm home." 

Never before had a song so accurately described me and how I felt. I was so conflicted thinking I didn't want a relationship ever again yet slowly falling for this man who truly loved me. But ultimately...

"I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth and I've never opened up, I've never truly loved till you put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go."

I believe that Arms will be a favorite of mine for a long time because of the profound effect it had on me by being so similar to my situation, a situation that ultimately led to the greatest decision of my life, marrying Chris.


Don't forget to tell me about your favorite song in the comments below! Thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for commenting!!